Fairway Woods and Hybrids
If you have hybrid clubs and are more of a recreational golfer, you may not know when you should use them, or just stick with standard woods. Therefore, Teaching professional Jason Sudenga shows in what situations to use a hybrid. On top of that, he shows when you should just pull out the woods.
► Subscribe to USGolfTV:
FIX YOUR SLICE TODAY!
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter – @usgolftv
Using a 3-Wood
– First off, the ball lies in a more favorable position (not down in a divot or dip)
– Ball position should be shaded forward, toward the front foot
– Focus on sweeping the ball off the fairway with good extension and follow-through
Using a Hybrid
– The ball will be sitting down a little more, less favorable in a divot or hole
– Ball position should be more centered, compensating for the ball resting lower
– Focus on hitting down a little more on the ball to get it out of the dip
These tips should help you not only decide which club to use, but also how to use them.